Caroline Counsel is an Accredited Family Law Specialist and has been in practice for in excess of 30 years. She has a strong commercial background, having previously been a partner in a middle tier commercial law firm before making the decision to best serve her clients in a Family Law exclusive environment.
On 1 July 1999, Caroline established a specialist Family Law boutique practice – which later became known as Counsel Family Lawyers.
In recent times, the firm has developed an Alternative Dispute Resolution aspect to assist clients resolve their matters without having to go to Court.
Caroline says “In addition to the normal court procedures, we have developed Collaborative Practice to help clients and their children minimise conflict when the relationship ends. I am committed to finding better ways of resolving family law matters and I believe that Collaborative Practice is one such better way.”
“When we need to go to Court, we make sure it is a last resort but when we go, we ensure the client’s best case is put forward. In that way, clients know we are interested in helping them find the best and most affordable solution and are not just spending their money on the fight”.
- Member of the Council of the Law Institute of Victoria
- AGM Representative of the Law Institute of Victoria at the Law Council of Australia
- Council Liaison Family Law Section of the Law Institute of Victoria
- Chair Awards Committee Law Institute of Victoria
- Board Member of the Council of Legal Education
- Member of the Board of Examiners
- Member of Collaborative Professionals Victoria
- Chair of the Collaborative Practice Executive LIV
- Founder and Chair of the LIV/Bar Residential For Family Lawyers – Law Institute of Victoria
- Member of the Ethics Committee of the Law Institute of Victoria
- Member of IACP (International Academy of Collaborative Professionals)