Separated? What now?
Separation can be one of the most difficult times in your life. Regardless of who initiated separation, you will need support and the right advice to help you survive the separation.
After you separate, you may experience a Family Law maze which can seem daunting without someone to guide you through it. Counsel Family Lawyers can assist you by prioritising the next steps, and help you move past separation.
Counsel Family Lawyers can help you by:
- Assisting you work out what is important to you.
- Help you imagine your future post separation and what it will look like.
- Give you legal advice on what to do and what not to do after you have separated.
- Assist you to understand your immediate and long term financial position.
- Help you with parenting issues to encourage minimum disruption to your children.
- Refer you to support services which will help the children cope.
- Ensure you receive the right legal advice at the right time.
- Refer you to other services specific to your needs.
The path you choose through the Family Law maze may impact on you and your family for years to come and our skill is in helping you choose the right path and receive our legal advice and assistance along that path.