Family Lawyer Negotiations
This method of dispute resolution involves two independent lawyers representing the separating couple. Lawyers have a different approach as to how best they may become involved so you need to discuss these approaches before you commit.
Counsel Family Lawyers can help you by…
- Providing legal advice.
- Exchanging financial information and documents with your former partner’s lawyer.
- Advising you on the financial information produced.
- Preparing Financial Statements.
- Assisting in identifying assets/liabilities.
- Organising valuations of assets, if necessary.
- Developing a list of assets and liabilities to exchange with your former partner’s lawyer in preparation for settlement.
- Convening and representing you in any settlement negotiations.
- Providing documents which give effect to the settlement reached.
- Preparing Court Orders, Financial Agreements, Parenting Plans and Child Support Agreements.
- Ensuring that settlement happens in accordance with your expectations.